Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Gallery SFK: A Hidden Gem in the Countryside

Last month, I visited a lovely, quiet art gallery tucked away on a hill in Miyoshi called Gallery SFK.  There was an article in the newspaper about an exhibit featuring the photos of a volunteer group that makes monthly visits to Tohoku to help the victims of the 3/11 earthquake and Tsunami, so I decided to go take a look.

Here it is!  You'd never find it if you weren't looking for it.
I really like the warm atmosphere and the meticulously clean space.


The photos were great!  I definitely want to support the group's volunteer efforts.

The owner/manager of the gallery, Ms. Yamaga (far right), also teaches sumi-e.   These are two of her students.

I'm going to take sumi-e lessons, too!

Isn't Mrs. Yamaga cute?

Since then, I have been back to the gallery 3 times and they had 3 different exhibits.  I'm thinking about asking to use the space for a party in the near future, too.  Just when I was missing art galleries and museums, I stumbled upon a hidden jewel.

No comments:

Post a Comment