Thursday, December 1, 2011

Mike's Visit! Fourth Stop: Gake Kannon


For out last stop, Mike and I tried to catch the sunset from Gake-no-Kannon. Gake (gah-kay) means cliff, and a kannon (like Cannon cameras) is a type of Buddhist deity.  As you can see, it's pretty much a temple built into the face of a cliff.

Fail.  This was my fault.  I'm not very good at taking photos.
















Mike semed to feel contemplative...







"Where is my life going?" or "What should I eat for dinner?"  Your call.


The black things are birds!

Well, we stayed up there for about 30 minutes until we felt it began to get colder outside, and realized that if the sun went down on us we'd have a tough time getting down the steps.  Still, it was a nice, relaxing way to end the day.

-Liz






No comments:

Post a Comment