Thursday, November 24, 2011

Hiking in Wada: Kurotaki (waterfall) and Hanayome/Hanamuko trails

One Saturday when the weather was nice, my friend and I went hiking along the trails in Wada.  I think the hike was 7-8km, but since there was a lot of uphill walking, it took us about 4 hours.  The hills there are very highly wooded, so it looked like Fern Gully!

Well, all the same, a hike is a hike, so I'll just upload a few (un-steady, blurry) pictures!


Along the way, we found these flowers that look like candy.


I really wanted to eat them, but I'm too short.






The lookout treehouse (?) next to the waterfall.


It's Kurotaki!  Can't you just imagine some guy in white robes standing under it for some sort of Shinto purification ritual?


See?  Fern Gully.




At the top of the mini-mountain.



No comments:

Post a Comment